Tuesday 22 January 2013

So you want a dog?

What the point of having a dog?

This will be the first question to think over and over again. Why? Because once you adopt a new dog, you will be looking after it for at least 10 years, in return, your dog will give you plenty of happiness. If you want a dog but think that keeping a dog equals too much burden and responsibility, then you might want to try keeping digital pets instead.

Anyways, let's take a look at reasons why people want a dog...


  1. The puppy is darn cutest thing. OMG I must have it!
  2. Everyone has a dog, so why shouldn't I get one.
  3. Poor doggy, if no one wants you then I will.
  4. My girlfriend wants one (some of these people will do anything to please the one they love)
  5. Keeping a dog makes me look hot in front of the girls.
  6. I'm a true fan of this dog breed. I have a dream that one day I will get one of my own.
  7. I keep a dog so I have something to brag about. Everyone will be so jealous.
  8. This dog will make me look classy. People will think that I'm rich.  
  9. I want a dog to help me with works (leading the blind, herding, guard the house)
  10. I am passionate about dog show and I want to be a reputable dog breeder.

No matter what your reason is, are you sure that you're ready to keep a dog?


The Ideal Dog Owner

Cares and loves the dog. Responsible for the dog's action. 

Has plenty of clean space for the dog to live in.

Made up house rules and follow the rules consistently.


The Not So Ready To Be Dog Owner

Those who are...

Lazy - Couch potato, dislike exercising and doesn't care about the well-being of the dog.


Easily Bored - These people are impulsive buyer and will buy the puppy because they cannot resist the cute puppy face. But once the puppy grew too big they simply dump the dog like it was nothing.

Dog Worshiper - Spoiled the dog simply because they love them so much. 


Materialism - These people care too much about their belongings (furniture, jewelry, car, etc.) Don't get a dog if you cannot live with your belongings.

Trend Follower - Dogs were not meant to be objects or accessories for people to collect. 


Limited Space - Living in apartment or crowded place with no room for the dogs to stretch their legs.

Family Members Disagree - Don't get a dog if someone in the house is allergic to dogs or if someone hates the dog so much. Don't let the dog be the reason of an argument. 

Unsettled - Dogs will make travelling from place to place more complicated.

Too Busy - Work for 24/7, partying all day all night, no time to even feed your dog.

Financial Problem - Not enough money to pay for the vet bills or even for dog food.


If you still want a dog but you're not ready to get one, don't be discouraged. You may want to try keeping digital pets instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment